Since I just learned to knit in June of 2010 (technically June 30, 2010), the entire last year of knitting for me has been full of new techniques. In fact, they were ALL new techniques! Here are some of the things I’ve learned in the last 9 months:
- Continental and English methods (I prefer English now)
- Magic Loop
- Socks (I’m in lurve with socks!) – I’ve *tried* them on DPN, 2 circs, magic loop, AND two-at-at-time!
- Dyeing my own yarn
- Lace (still quite difficult for me)
- Blogging about knitting *blush*
Here are a few of the things I’ve made:
You can check out my Ravelry project page here. Now, I hope you weren’t paying attention closely and didn’t happen to notice that half *cough* or more of my projects are yet unfinished. BUT, the point is that for a new knitter I think I’ve been pretty adventurous and fearless!!
Things I’d like to try in the next year:
- Adding beads to my knitting (trying this next week, actually, with my Infernal Kernel scarf!)
- SUCCESSFULLY learn how to read a damn knitting chart. This has been very difficult for me! My Elbaite scarf has been floundering in the frog pond because of this, and the Infernal Kernel also has a chart that’s been giving me trouble.
- Dye more of my own yarns
- Colorwork is a number one item for me in the next year! I am scared to try knitting with more than one color (or more than one yarn at a time for that matter) and have not even tried to knit stripes yet! All my stripes originate from self-striping sock yarns! I need, no I must try colorwork!
- A shawl or shawlette
- A garment (doesn’t really matter what, as long as it’s not a scarf, hat, sock, etc.)
- Generally improve my knitting technique, including tension and speed.
- Continue to blog about knitting, with the hope that people will start reading my ramblings!!
So, you can see that I’ve come far in the last 9 months, and by this time next year I hope to have a heckuva lot more stuff under my belt!